Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gerber Daisies

So I went to a funeral on Saturday.

Heartbreaking.


They did this thing towards the end where you could, like, stand up and share "a nugget" of a specific memory of Kelly.

IDK. I knew her well growing up but not that well.
And then I thought, "well screw how I feel, it's for her family" . . . . . I still couldn't do it and for some reason I just didn't feel right about it.


There was even one lady who spoke who sounded like she just wanted to talk about HER daughter.

But I don't really know her so I shouldn't judge . . . . that's why I said it sounded like.

So I'm looking around at all the people and I notice all of these big, bright, Gerber Daisies.

Immidiately I thought of my junior prom . . . I know . . . sounds wierd . . . I'll explain.

So I guess this is my little tribute/reflection on my time with Kelly . . . .

so it's totally optional for anyone to hear/read.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's junior prom at the Fess Parker Doubletree in S.B.
lot's o' fun.

And i'm with Gavin, Kristen, her boyfriend Chris, Kelsey, and her friend Chelsea.

And we're all dancing and having fun and then we see Josh Bonsworth with Kelly walking over to our table (they were a funny couple cuz he was like a foot taller) and I remember she had this super gorgeous flower print dress on (and I know the exact shop she got it from in Ojai because I remember seeing it in the window and thinking "that's a really cute dress!") any who. . .

so we're all having fun and i'm looking around and I see Kelly with this big huge BRIGHT PINK Gerber Daisy tucked into the side of her hair.

It was the absolute perfect touch to her whole outfit (not to sound like a fashionista) and I just remember thinking the whole time that she was literally, like, the best/most creatively dressed girl their .

I still have a group pic of all of us on the dance floor and even before heard the news about kelly I always thought of her pink flower whenever I looked at prom pictures.

It was a fun night. Lots o' memories.

1 comment:

mandrews said...

Great memory there Lex! I definitely think of Kelly when I see Pink Gerbera daisies!