Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where to begin

Computer, I hope you don't feel like I've been neglecting you . . . .
because I'm not.
I just haven't had any kind of access to you until now.
So with that said, I have a lot of things to keep talking about.


Currently I'm in Colorado and surrounded by snow.
It was a wierd change from sunny Ventura . . . isn't that a guy's name?

Sunny Ventura?
Oh well.

So yeah, been here for almost 2 weeks and it's nice.
It's nice being with Ben . . . . and it's nice hanging with his friends . . . and it's nice not having any obligations . . . . but it's SO BORING!!!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being with Ben all the time and it breaks my heart every time when one of us has to leave but I need to come home soon.
I need to work, need to go to church, need my friends, family . . . this isn't my life, it's his.
And right now that works for us.
It's a great place to visit but I can't live here.

My day consists of:
9:00am - waking up from a not-so-good sleep of waking up almost every hour to back pains because his matress sucks.
11am - go to the gym with Ben for 2 hours or go run. If it's a tues or thurs, I go by myself
2pm- lunch
4pm-go to store, go to "the house", or go out to eat.
then after that it's either watch T.V. cuz we're too tired to get up or go out with friends.

Luckily, today I have a few minutes of free time from my hectic schedule to pay you a visit, computer.

Easter was pleasant.
I dragged Ben to church for a . . . different type of service.
We ended up going to a Baptist church because that was the service that we made it on time to.
there were about 40 people there, only half of the tiny chapel was filled.
It was very old fashioned.
I felt like I was in a cliche of a movie.
The pastor was a firey guy who put the sylable "uh" after everthing like "JesusUH died on the crossUH for your sinsUH!"
God bless that man.
And you know what Ben and I noticed?
Nobody clapped.

There must have been a dozen performances by little kids that morning whether they were reciting a bible verse or singing the lords prayer, and whenever they finished, people would just say, "Amen, Amen".

We always caught ourselves in mid clap before we stopped from making a scene.
It was wierd.
But still, it was church.
You couldn't help but feel like you were welcomed.

That afternoon, Ben and all his friends made a big Easter dinner, complete with ham, potatoes, pie, etc.
It was really good.

I really missed Ojai that day, though.
It was the first time I had missed Sunrise Service.
And dinner at my Aunt's house.
So I felt slightly empty that day, even though it was completely the opposite of how I was supposed to feel.

Well, now that I've written a novel, I'm pretty sure Ben's out of class by now.
I'll probably be back on Thursday.

I know, I know, but I have to hike through the snow . . . . uphill . . . . barefoot . . . to get to the computer lab!

I fibbed that last part, but you get it.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

Hey Alexa,

This is your old (not in age) youth leader, Christine. I just saw your blog link on Michaela's blog. I love blogs! Check mine out sometime. I love Colorado. Mu sister lives there. But, there's no place like home, and no place like Ojai!

ATSmith said...

My voice missed you at sunrise service too.