Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blister in the sun

Today I took my new running shoes for a 6 mile test run on the beach.
It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm, beachy day and I wanted to be outside as much as possible.
However, if you ever buy new shoes of ANY sort, never go more than 3 miles in them for the first couple of days.
I KNOW THIS.
But did I follow my own knowledge? No.

There were 3 reasons why I shouldn't have done this.
First, I was dehydrated so I had major side aches everywhere imaginable.
Second, I was out of shape so I was going way slower than I wanted and I probably looked like it too.
Last, I got gnarly blisters.
They were under, on top, and between each toe on both feet.
Learn kids, learn.

However, once they dry up, then Ben and I can pick at them and have a competition to see who can peel off the biggest piece!
Yeah, I know.
That's gross and weird, but trust me, it's a lot of fun.


After my run, I took my shoes and socks off and soaked my legs in the ocean.
Ah, the big blue.
I missed it, a lot.
Glad to be home.


Ironically, as soon as I leave nor cal (I hate that term but I'm too lazy to say the whole thing) all of these things start happening up there that I want to be a part of like birthdays, concerts, visiting friends, sporting games . . . . I hate how that happens.
Apparently God is trying to tell me something.
Something most likely worth learning.

Oh well, I still like Ojai/Ventura better.

I'm exhausted. Goodnight.

No comments: