Monday, February 18, 2008

Just go, man.

I woke up this morning after a long night of The Office reruns, ate breakfast, and left.
I didn't know where I was going, but I just drove.
I didn't even have my normal morning cup o' coffee ritual.
That's how bad I needed to leave.

First I went north.

I ended up on the 12 heading towards Sonoma/Napa.
Never actually went to Napa, but I did go to Sonoma and not only is it absolutely beautiful there, but the drive is breathtaking.
After only a half and hour in my car, I found myself surrounded by bright green hills full of vineyards and a tunnel of oak trees over the road.
I swear it was right out of some book I probably haven't read.

And then I went south.
Ended up in Berkeley.
Got some coffee (finally) and hung outside a cafe, people watching.
Well, more like hippy watching. It was great.

When I got home, I was only there for about an hour, just to eat.
Then I was gone again.
I walked across the street to the movie theater and saw Fools Gold. It was so so.
Then after that was finally over I walked directly across the hallway to watch Definitely, Maybe (which I just realized why it's called that. It's not as obvious as it seems) which was surprisingly enough a pretty good movie.
It's hard to find those these days.
And yes, I did cheat the system and only pay for one of the two movies I saw. Sue me.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular today, but I found a lot.
It was a good day.

No comments: